Sunday, July 18, 2010

Another Day, Another Dollar

So, what has been happening lately. A whole lot of nothing.

One of the lovely perks of my job is that I get to go out and meet every flight that comes into MeS. This includes flights that are not even for my unit, which keeps me on a pretty unroutine routine. Luckily, we are through the worst part, but when I'm not picking up a flight, I'm responding to a red cross message (message notifying a Soldier that something is not right at home) which is what I am currenlty occupied doing...or waiting to do... at 1123 PM.

It's really pretty frustrating. The world is suppose to stop spinning when you get one of these things in, but for some reason in my brigade, it is just a leisurely matter. Not to mention, I would like to sleep at some point!!

Anyway, so let's see what else has been going on. Well, I'm suppose to be trying to lose weight while I'm over here, but, of course, I'm the only person who hasn't lost a pound despite the fact that I'm eating way less and working out more. Figures. I did do my 1 month celebration today. There is a fairly decent restaurant located in the atrium and I indulged (against my better judgement) with a hamburger, which tasted pretty good. We also went to cafe next door to get a piece of cake. All I was thinking the whole time was that any progress I had made was going to be undone by this little celebration.

On a brighter note, I haven't lost my job - yet. We've had two people relieved since we've been out here. I don't know if it's the General McCrystal effect, but there's some serious drama around here. Anyway, let's just hope I can avoid the firing squad.

On a different note, I saw another friend from West Point who just got into Columbia business school. I'm about sick of hearing about all my old friends moving on with their lives. Anyway, I guess I need to just stop being so bitter.

It's just been a kind of bad day all around. I got my ice machine the other day and was very excited about finally getting to use. Of course, someone stole my transformer so now I will have to get another one which only delays my gratification.

Anyway, I guess you have to take the good with the bad. Everything here is two steps forward and one step back. It's good life lessons. Maybe if I don't lose any weight, I'll at least gain a little patience.

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good fight. One day you step on the scales and go wow. I guess all of that hard work is paying off. kbkb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always thinking about you and hoping that you stay safe.
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete